1. How we collect information
• To the extent permitted under applicable law, we collect information about you and others whose details you provide to us when you:
• register to use our websites, apps, or services; this may include your name (including business name), address, email address, and phone number;
• log in to secure areas of our website, such as the customer portal; to enable this function, a cookie will be stored on your computer;
• use our applications, which may include the collection of metadata;
• fill out online forms (including callback requests), take part in surveys, post on our message boards, download information such as white papers or other publications, or participate in other interactive areas that appear on the site our website or in our applications or services;
• interact with us using social media;
• interact with us through our chatbot;
• provide us with your contact details when you register to use or access any website, app, or service we offer or when you update those details; and
• contact us offline, for example, by phone, fax, SMS, or post.
2. How we use your information
To the extent permitted under applicable law, we use your information to:
• provide any information and services you have requested;
• compare the accuracy of the information and verify it with third parties;
• provide, maintain, protect, and improve any applications, products, services, and information that you have requested from us;
• administer your use of the applications, products, and services that you have asked us to provide;
• manage our relationship with you (for example, customer service and support activities);
• monitor, measure, improve and protect our content, websites, applications, and services, and provide you with a more personalized user experience;
• perform internal tests of our websites, applications, systems, and services to test and improve their security, provision, and performance; in this case, we will disguise any information used for such purposes and ascertain whether the data is only displayed at the level merges that will not be shown are linked back to you or a living individual;
• provide you with any information that we must send you to comply with our regulatory or legal obligations;
• comply with our other regulatory or legal obligations;
• detect, prevent, investigate or remediate, crimes, illegal or prohibited activities or to protect our legal rights (including relationships with regulators and law enforcement agencies for this purpose);
• contact you to see if you would like to take part in our customer research (for example, feedback about your use of our apps, products, and services);
• to monitor, perform statistical analysis and benchmarking, provided that under such circumstances in the aggregate that will not be re-associated with you or any living individual except as permitted by law;
• send you targeted advertising, marketing (which may include in-product messages), or information that may be useful to you, based on your use of our applications and services;
• share content and services with third parties with whom you have a separate relationship (for example, social media providers); and
• provide you with location-based services (e.g., advertising and other personal content), where we collect geo-location data.
3. What you can do to limit the use of your personal information
We respect the privacy of our customers. So you have the right to access and control your personal data obtained only by contacting us. For example:
• If ScaleOcean obtains your consent to use your personal information, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
• You can request access to, deletion, and updating of your personal information. For example, if you want to update your email address, you can log in to the customer portal with your username and password to do so. Please note that if your personal data is deleted, you will not be able to continue to use any ScaleOcean products or services that require ScaleOcean's use of your Personal Data.
• You can configure your browser or our websites, apps, or services to limit cookies or block all cookies if you wish, but if you disable cookies, you may find this affects your ability to use certain parts of our website, apps, or services.
• If you do not want us to use or disclose your personal information in a certain way, please contact us. We will be happy to discuss how we can limit the collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information.
4. Our accountability
6. Further information